Coney Island Face Mask Contest
Put on a Funny Face
In honor of this new culture of social distancing & face masks, Coney Island USA is hosting the world’s first ever mask design contest called, Put on a Funny Face. In conjunction with NY1, celebrity judges will award prizes to the best mask designs. Entries accepted until May 25th, winners announced “around June 1st.”
Enter your creation here.
Celeb judges include Debbie Mazar, Marisa Tomei, Karen Duffy and Mathylde Frontus.
Award categories include:
- Best Overall Mask: Top prize
- One New York Mask: Best design that celebrates NYC, as selected by Spectrum News NY1
- Coney Themed Mask: “You know we want to see some Coney stuff”
- Mermaid/Neptune Mask: Honoring the most wonderful of sea creatures
- Formal Mask: Puttin’ on the Ritz now means putting on a mask
- Historical Mask: They like Olde stuff
- Kid’s Mask: A mask for a kid, or a mask that makes you a kid. You decide! (CDC only recommends masks for kids over 2-years old – no babies!)
- The People’s Choice: General public votes for their favorite
- The Judges’ Choice: The corrupt and inebriated Judges from the Mermaid Parade will “pick” their favorite
There will also be two special prizes:
- Community Service: For the mask maker or organization who has best served the community
- Best Mask Wearing Encouragement Meme: Everyone needs to mask up, they want to see your propaganda.
Photos: @coney.island.usa & @lvster_nyc
- Periodic Symbol